Monday, September 27, 2010

Why Blog About Love?

I know what you're thinking, "Another blog about love?!  I mean, really... aren't there a million blogs out there on the subject?"  Maybe so.  But my goal is not to sing the praises of romance or tell sweet stories or rehash cliches.

No.

In an age where the word "love" is tossed around to the point of meaninglessness...

     ...my intent is to define what love. actually. is.

In an era where most marriages end in divorce and people have bought into the notion of being "in love"...

     ...my objective is to re-evaluate the kind of "love" the world has given us.

And in a generation where selfishness prevails...

     ...my mission is to see true love saturate everything I am and everything I do.

I admit that last part frightens me.  It frightens me because it will force me to examine my actions, my motives, my heart... myself.  And that means I will become more aware of how I must change.  I'm sure at times, I'll wish I'd never started this.  But in the process, I will be led to joy... and, more importantly, to Love Himself.

And Love never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment